Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Crazies

Now that blogger seems to be in working order, I figured that the next post on my list would be to actually introduce myself, and my partner in crime.

Me:
My name is Lindsay. I'm a 27 year old female, working at a small (family) business - we deal with IT management and networking - basically handling the IT stuff for businesses that are too small to hire their own IT manager but big enough that they damned well need someone dedicated! I grew up just downriver from here, in Corunna, Ontario. We have lots of chemical refineries, and lots of water around here.

Things I like:
- Martinis (gin, dirty, three olives and you'd best keep the ice far away from my glass, pls)
- The kitties (they're the best, even though Edison did wake me by divebombing the bed this morning)
- Reading (I'll read damned near anything)
- Knitting (Oh woe is me, most of my supplies have been packed already!)
- Textile arts in general. I've been spinning yarn since I was in my early 20s, and loooove working with dye. I'm hoping to make a big, felted carpet for our sunroom!
- Seafood (Ideal first date - martinis and mussels, man)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Cooking - I love experimenting with recipes, and for a former vegetarian, I sure do love meat. If it wasn't for nasty old real life getting in the way, I'd probably be a butcher.

Things I do not like:
- Cleaning
- Baking (I cannot properly measure things for the life of me, and never ever learn that this is, in fact, important when baking)
- Talking on the phone (which I have to do frequently at work!)
- Those uncomfortable meetings with friends from long ago. You *know* what's up in their life thanks to your facebook creeping abilities, but do not know whether to mention those things or not. So I just end up being awkward and generally weird.
- Honestly there's not a whole hell of a lot that I seriously dislike.

My manfriend, Joshua:

I'm at that age where I'm not sure if I call him my boyfriend, my partner, or (gag) my common law husband. So, we'll go with manfriend, because it makes me laugh.

Josh is 28 years old. We met in grade 9, at the Lambton Central Collegiate Vocational Institute (fancypants name for our high school). He was dating a friend of mine - he was perfectly pretentious about his artwork, looked down on people who didn't read the classics, and lets face it, was kind of douchey in general. However, we hit it off right away, and maintained a friendship throughout high school. We were both crazily attracted to each other but never wanted to ruin our friendship.

Said friendship didn't last beyond high school. Fast forward to 2008, he's 26 and I'm 25 and I'm trolling internet dating sites, looking around for someone mildly interesting, when goshdarnit, someone messages me asking if I'm a certain Lindsay that he knew in high school. Sure enough, I was, and that fella was Josh.

Fast forward two years later, we've bought our first home, mostly because we feel that the kitties need more space. Yes, we are those people.

Apartment living was getting too tight for us, overall. That's another post.

Josh is a pipefitter by trade, and a photographer by education. He's my favourite artist (and I ain't just saying that because he pays me to), and has a great eye for decorating (this will come in helpful).

I'd love to end this with a photo of us, but believe it or not, there aren't any!

No comments:

Post a Comment